Developer Getting Started & Issue 1391

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:24 AM
For developer, do I just follow all the instructions under Setup section of Documentation. As I already have VS 2012, .NET 4.0, and SQL Server, JRE, I I know I can skip these steps. But for developers, do I need to do the register setting as well ?

Thank you.
Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Can this Project work with IIS 8 ?

Also, when I request to check out or download files using TortoiseSVN, I got an error "Report request on svn/!svn/vcc/default failed". Is this ok to continue ?
Apr 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM
I have been trying to install the project and get started on the testcases apparently I have hit the roadblock as i had to uninstall and remove everything. Now i made mess of the class path and eclipse installation as well as they failed to install properly.I am at the last step where java installation done and command path for java does not respond.
I would need remote assistance to install the class path and the mapping of the product mapping in my desktop. I can be available anytime during weekend to grant access to my machine for this project installation help.I am getting close to the deliverable and need of pair programming or remote assistance help.
Apr 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
vdhananjay: Can you delete the CLASSPATH entry and redo it? I have not worked with this project in Eclipse. I use Visual Studio so I cant really help much there.
Apr 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
jackielhong: I have not tested with IIS8 only IIS7. Please refer to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/637756/tortoisesvn-error-report-request-failed-on-svn-vcc-default about the error message. Make sure you have set up your folder structure as listed in the [Setting up Your Local Machine] document before trying to do an SVN Update. The Crystal Test folder is the only folder that has a trunk folder on the server. (Crystal Test/trunk) Your local Crystal Test FOlder should point to the trunk folder on the server. (Do not create the trunk folder on your local drive)
Apr 14, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Yes. You need to follow the documentation andd do ALL things that are not already done (such as registry settings, browser settings etc)
Apr 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I am now able to get all files in folder Crystal Test using SVN. I have not gotten all the other files from other projects yet. I wanted to see if I can open the Crystal Test solution file, but I was unable to do so. I have VS 2010 Express Web and VS 2012 Express Desktop. Do I also need to install VS 2012 Express Web ? I thought this project can work for VS 2010 or 2012 ?
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM
It opens in Visual Studio 2012 and SQL 2012. I used VS 2012 Premium version to develop it. I am not sure about express versions. That is still under test but I have heard from one other that it works in VS 2012 express. Part of the application is a website and the test engine is another desktop application in the same solution. You can not go backwards to VS 2010.
Apr 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I have VS 2012 Express for desktop, but not web. I tried to download the web version, but I didn't see an option to download it in main page of visual studio site ? Do you know of a download site ?Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Apr 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I will be uploading a new Crystal Test installer with all the new updates either today or tomorrow.